1974 Seafarer 29 CB $10,500.00
Please contact the owner directly @ 706-414-one one eight zero or jhnewsome17(at)bellsouth.net.
1974 Seafarer 29 CB (Swing Keel) is being offered for sale after owner purchased a larger boat.
In 2013 s/v ROMA has competed in two off shore races as well as the Golden Isles Sailing Club's Fall Series taking 3rd place in class for one of the off shore races and winning the Fall Series for Class C (cruising sailboats under 30'). s/v ROMA has had extensive upgrades in 2013 and is in sail-away condition.
The Seafarer 29 CB model features a 500 pound swing keel as well as outboard installed in rear lazarette hatch thus eliminating any running gear in the water when the boat is not being used.
Draft is 2'6" with the keel up and 5'6" with the keel down, and the boat will continue to sail with the keel in the up position.
The Seafarer 29 CB is a McCurdy/Rhodes design.
Full specifications can be viewed at: http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=752
* LOA: 28'7"
* LWL: 21'3"
* Beam: 9'
* Displacement: 6665 pounds
* Ballast: 2490 pounds
* Sail Area: Main 164sf/Head 193sf for total of 357sf
* Sail Area to Displacement: 16.16
* New bottom job May 2013
* New standing rigging May 2013
* New running rigging May 2013
* New Glomex Digital Antenna installed on mast May 2013
* New Jabsco Compac Head installed May 2013
* 15 gallon aluminum holding tank installed (1 identical spare tank)
* Seacocks for head replaced with Marelon seacocks May 2013
* New Clipper Wind Instrument installed May 2013 (currently not working properly, I am in warranty discussions with manufacturer)
* Spinnaker halyard added May 2013
* Engine compartment in lazarette hatch re-fiberglassed and epoxied May 2013
* Keel winch cable replaced May 2013 with Kevlar line
* All mast lights replaced with LED lights May 2013
* All DC wiring in mast completely replaced May 2013
* House battery replaced June 2013, crank battery replaced April 2011
* New 2009 Yamaha 20hp 4-stroke outboard & remote control installed Oct 2010
* Lowrance HDS 7 installed in Aug 2012
* 2 depth gauges w/separate transducers: Garmin 100 & depth included on the Lowrance HDS 7
* 6 gallon & 12 gallon fuel tanks
* Quest 2610A 2 bank batter charger new in April 2011
* s/v ROMA is USCG documented vessel
* Large icebox in Galley
* 2 Burner butane stove
* Sleeps 2 in V-Berth, 2 in Main Saloon with table removed, 1 in watchman's berth
* VHF built in radio
* 25 gallon fresh water tank with pressure activated DC electric pump.
* 120 volt shore power installed in 2010
* RuleMate 550 GPM bilge pump
* Gemini Compass professionally rebuilt in 2010
* Custom designed and built pedestal drink table added in 2012
* Sail inventory includes: Mainsail w/1 reef, 137% furling genoa, 75% furling storm jib, 100% hank-on jib
* Mainsail can be slab reefed or furled on boom
* Schaefer wire furler for head sails replaced in 2012
* Spare set of Barient 16 winches for head sails
* Spare set of Barlow 14 winches for halyards (mast)
* 2 anchors: Danfoth and Claw (Bruce) with 150' anchor rode including 5' chain
* Large portside sail locker in cockpit
* Full length cockpit cushions
* Portable Cruisair Carry-On 5000 Marine Air Conditioner.
I have owned s/v ROMA for 14 years and have constantly been upgrading and maintaining her systems.
Projects not completed at this time are:
1) Repainting or regelcoating her topside
2) Rebedding all deck hardware
3) Rebuilding her bow pulpit which was damaged during docking several years ago (thanks to an inexperience dockhand)
4) Upgrading the house DC switch panel
All rebuild and upgrade projects have been documented with photos since I originally launched s/v ROMA in June 2000 and are available to serious perspective buyers and the new owner. s/v ROMA is perfect for a young couple with small children, or an older sailor who wants a smaller boat that can be easily single handed.
The swing keel shoal draft allows is perfect for the shallow water conditions of the SE coast and Keys.
If you run aground, just winch up the keel a couple feet and back away from the shallow area.
My wife and I are preparing for retirement that will include extensive cruising and needed a larger boat.s/v ROMA is excellent for weekend and short trips, but just doesn't offer the accommodations needed for long distance cruising.
I've described her as a "big little boat" or a "little big boat" depending on your needs.
She doesn't have the interior size or room of most boats in the 30' range but she's much larger than most small boats in the 26' to 28' range.
Inquiries can be made by contacting me directly on my cell number: Seven Zero Six Four One Four One One Eight Zero
Or by email at: jhnewsome17(at)bellsouth(dot)net
Contact Name: James
Contact Phone: 706-414-1180
City: St Simons Island
Engine Count: Single
Hull Material: Glass
Draft: 5′ 6″
Condition: Very Good
Found on Page: http://pontooncats.com/boat-for-sale/index12.htm
Note: There is up to 1000 MORE boats on the Found on Page.
Original Listing: http://BoatsForSaleByOwners.net/96225